Monday, December 15, 2008

i wish i could get my phil

that is, of philip lim.

i first discovered philip lim in grade twelve when i asked
my mother to fashion me a dress based on his design
(as seen here on kate hudson):





















my mother, a wizard with the sewing machine,
finished with this:
(i was quite proud).





















i'm pretty surprised that i haven't blogged about him sooner.
his designs are flawless and feminine
and,though sometimes a little more conservative,
he is nonetheless one of my favorite designers.

i just found out that he recently started a kids' collection!
while this seems a little excessive,
i have to admit that if i have the funds when i'm a mother,
my children will definitely be rocking philip lim.

here are some photos of his holiday collection for women
(i am swooning):



1 comment:

Victoire said...

Katie and I are super obsessed with him too, and have gotten lucky a few times getting his stuff on sale...the few things I own of his I treasure with all my heart