Thursday, May 22, 2008

badass boho chic: the weary wearer

so i am vegetarian. so what i say next may come as a shock to you:


i want a leather bomber jacket.


i know, i know. hypocrisy is my middle name. i just think that it perfectly embodies
this up and coming ‘future hippie’ look that’s been gracing the streets of ottawa.
i was thinking something along the lines of this...






(but maybe something 99/100s of the price?)

i’m going to go look around some old thrift shops to see if they have any that suit my vegetable-based protein tendencies (for some reason i think that buying one second hand will relieve a bit of my guilt) and one that suits the black hole that is my wallet.


oh the perils of being a vegetite and a wannabe budding fashionista...

-hayley

2 comments:

Jessica said...

i will not tell anyone.

Victoire said...

I just got the perfect leather jacket (and it's hooded too - even better!) a few weeks ago at Bang On in the market. They had this rack at the back with all these awesome vintage ones. It was a few weeks ago, so there might not be anymore left. I might be shooting myself in the foot by revealing my source since I was actually thinking of going back to get a brown one too, but better to share the wealth I guess!