Wednesday, May 21, 2008

i want the strap

my mother used to go to notre dame catholic high school here in ottawa. it was a while ago (but I’m sure she wouldn’t want me telling how long ago it really was)...and she told me about that infamous strap. the kind in the megan follows’ anne of green gables movie (i think part II) where she has to give the pringle girl the strap and it eats her all up inside.


[i never tire of those movies...gilbert is such a dreamboat].


but i’m not talking about that strap (this is after all the year 2008...and i thank god everyday for alternative schools)... and that strapping young man, for that matter...


but i’m talking about the t-strap. the lovely vintage-esque heel that i know i would brave everyday if it meant i could have them in my grasp. these frye ones are beautiful:








...or these beauties that look to be a little more within my price range:













oh baby. what i would give for a pair. maybe a chance to meet the luscious gilbert blythe?






it’s a pretty hard toss-up...but i’ll take the shoes. there’s a lower chance i’ll lose them to anne shirley.


- hayley

No comments: