Tuesday, May 27, 2008

promenade prepped

alright all you high school kiddies (mainly grade twelve kiddies)
once you’ve figured out your life for the next four years...
it’s time to get a beautiful dress (for the ladies) ...
and have it be ruined by the end of the night.
(so, maybe I’m a downer, but I’m realistic.)

anyway this entry is going to be about prom dresses.
i’m fortunate to have some very stylish friends...
and we completely avoided the
wannabe-a-princess-for-the-day-puke-in-my-mouth-
disney’s-cinderella-shit.



(not for me.)

so our best friend alexis (see quelle belle) is going to prom this year
(she’s a zygote) ...
and i know that she’ll choose an amazing dress
because she’s already stylish to start.
anyway.
i’m going to photographically relive the fashionable fiesta
that was canterbury’s prom ‘07.




(that's me. my mom made the dress based on another by philip lim.
i was late because i had to work, and therefore couldn't
go to any pre-grad parties. please don't judge.)



(that's emma with her dad. she looked super cute.)



(this is my best friend mado. she looked like a beautiful mermaid.
don't worry. none of this disney princess shit.)




(these are our friends laura and phil. she and her mom made the dress.
yay innovation!)



(our friend britney. stunning.)




(our sexy Colombian amiga, Steffie)





(our friend jes, on the left. fashionista extraordinaire)

see her blog: http://daycaller.blogspot.com/


(our friend zoe and i. she made her dress and finished it just hours before prom.
innovative and cool-headed!)


a fantastic day full of fabulous frocks!

- hayley

4 comments:

hayley b. said...

im glad my dad made an appearance in this blog.

hayley b. said...

im glad my dad made an appearance in this blog.

Jessica said...

how lovely! i absolutely adored this blog
brittanys dress was so amazing - i wanted that BCBG number so bad, but couldnt fit me!

and my dress didnt look like that when i first got it - i altered the cap sleeves, it used to be a neck tie-thingy. and it was a little longer and more side-bood exposure!

x0x

Victoire said...

All great dresses! I recognize the one the farthest on the right of the last pic from our shop last summer - LOVED that dress!